Dr Ivor Berman
MBChB, FRANZCR, FACP, GrCertSpMed
Dr Ivor Berman (MBChB, FRANZCR, FACP, GrCertSpMed) is a Phlebologist (Vein specialist) and Radiologist.
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Radiology
Specialist Vein Care Melbourne provides state of the art techniques in its clinic for the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease, including Varicose, Reticular and Spider Veins.
These vein removal procedures are:
- Minimally invasive
- Extremely effective
- Little or no discomfort
- Minimal risk
- No/minimal downtime
This is an effective alternative to the traditional surgical methods of vein ligation and stripping which is performed under general anaesthetic.
Determination of the best vein removal treatment option, the type of treatment performed and the treatment outcome are heavily dependent upon the accuracy of the Duplex ultrasound examination and findings.
This practice incorporates a Vascular Laboratory – Independent Vascular Ultrasound; combining the very best ultrasound machines together with extremely experienced dedicated Vascular Sonographers with many years of experience.
In addition, these Vascular Sonographers have for years worked in a phlebology environment and thus have a deep understanding of what is required for accurate diagnosis and the requirements essential in selecting the best treatment option.
Dr Berman – Abridged Curriculum Vitae
- Graduated from Medical School 1988 (MBChB)
- Phlebologist: Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology (FACP)
- Radiologist: Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (FRANZCR)
- Graduate Certificate of Sports Medicine (UQ)
- Master of Medicine (Radiology) – Examination component
- Australasian College of Phlebology
- American College of Phlebology
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Interventional Radiology Society of Australasia
- Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine
Roles in Phlebology
- Board member Australasian College of Phlebology
- Committee Member Victorian Branch Australasian College of Phlebology
- Examiner/Censor for second part Phlebology Examinations – Australasian College of Phlebology
Roles in Radiology
- Examiner/Censor for second part Radiology Exams – Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Training Program Assessments Committee for Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Associate Editor Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology (JMIRO).
- Head of Unit and Director Radiology Department, Casey Hospital
- Senior Staff Member Radiology Southern Health including Monash Medical Centre, Dandenong Hospital, Kingston and Casey Hospital
- Victorian Branch Committee for Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Radiology
- MPRC – Committee member of Medicare Participation Review Committee